Buchanan Mitchell Estate Agents enjoy an enviable reputation for quality service and provide a range of letting and management services based on our experience, skills and expertise. You can be assured that we have a detailed understanding of the lettings and management sector and will ensure that you are given the best possible advice on renting your property.
Over the last few years and, following the introduction of the 1988 Housing Act which offers greater protection and possession rights to Landlords, there has been a resurgence in the lettings market. People from all walks of life are looking to become involved in the rental market, whether investors, companies, people who need to relocate with their work, or homeowners who are having difficulty in selling their own properties.
Increasingly, large numbers of people are entering the ‘Buy to Let’ sector as an opportunity for investment. As a result, landlords have come to expect extensive knowledge and expertise from the Agency they choose to act in their interest.
We take a modern and innovative approach to marketing, yet combine the latest technology with a traditional and personal approach to customer care.
We have invested in the latest innovative software and telephone systems and we are able to contact all of our potential tenants immediately a property comes to the market. We pride ourselves on providing prompt feedback to clients and discussing all comments, whether positive or negative in order that, where necessary, we can agree and adjust your specific marketing plan quickly and efficiently in order to maximise the potential of your property.
Buchanan Mitchell have a keen eye for detail
We put a lot of effort into producing excellent marketing materials because first impressions count. All our property particulars are produced in-house to superior standards giving comprehensive, clear and accurate representations, including detailed floor plans. The images we reproduce come from professional photographers and floor-planners.
Our website is featured on major search engines – just google us to find out. In addition to our own website, your property will be promoted on primelocation.com, globrix.com, zoopla.co.uk, findaproperty.com and other leading property portals. These sites generate a combined total of over one millions hits every day, giving your property the potential for massive exposure.
Our Lettings Service at a Glance
- Rental collection service
- Huge internet coverage on major property / social networking websites
- Professional service from experienced and trained staff
- Open 7 days a week
- Dedicated property management service
- Fully accompanied viewings if required
- Innovative and distinctive advertising
- Experience home staging advice (if required)
- Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
If you are thinking of letting a property, call us today on 01423 36 00 55 or alternatively you can email by clicking here.
A few recommendations before letting your property
The rental market as with any other is competitive therefore, in order to obtain the best possible tenants, you must present your property in the most effective way.
- Interior walls should be neutral colours and carpets plain
- Fabrics and Furnishings (if any) must comply with The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1998 and should be able to withstand reasonable wear and tear
- The front door should be clean and the entrance hall clear of any obstructions as first impressions are important
- The entire property should be clean, well-aired and the garden tidy
- If the weather is cold, heating should be turned on and, in warmer conditions, windows opened
- For any other advice contact your agent
Other important considerations for landlords before letting
- Written consent must be obtained from your mortgage provider and the freeholder if property is leasehold.
- Your insurance company must be notified that the property